Finally I have uploaded the Baby Footsie Leggings pattern, the beginning of my winter collection. But it took so long to get to this point! So simple, so easy to make (with a pattern), but they have taken me the longest time to create out of all my patterns to date.
Well, the rate babies seem to grow always astounds me – and trying to find the average size and difference is a killer, especially in their pudgy little feet!
I ended up making 7 muslins (Size 00 and 2) to try and find the right fit. From the crotch being wayyy to low, to the feet being the wrong size; the biggest issue was the dorsal (the top of the foot) being the wrong shape, as this meant the foot became too short and the (walking) kids’ heels kept making the pants fall down. But sure enough I figured it out – and as per usual, one tiny alignment and problemo solved.
But it all worked out in the end, and the pattern is now available from the Etsy store.
Stay tuned because I have some big news (new associations) coming up soon!
Happy sewing 🙂